Monday, February 11, 2008

Politics in the Workplace

Depending on who you ask, tomorrow is the Chesapeake or Potomac primary. Voters in Maryland, DC, and Virginia can vote for their man or woman for president. For the first time in my young presidential voting career I am voting in an election that actually means something. Having previously voted in the late Pennsylvania primaries my vote never counted as the elections were settled by the time I hit the voting booth. This is a first and I am excited. That said I did find it quite irritating that people at work had the “courage” to send e-mails about a local political rally for a candidate. I fully value my ability to vote and the idea that we can support who we want. Worldwide we have seen essentially rigged elections and elections that spark violence like the current situation in Kenya. However please do not send me information about political rallies. Please keep you opinions to yourself. If you really feel the need to spread the word of your candidate please knock on doors or pass out flyers at the grocery store. You need not send me and all of my coworker’s e-mails about political rallies etc. Please let me know if you agree or disagree. I obviously have my own feelings regarding this subject, but please, I am challenging someone to change my mind on this topic. If you can truly find a good reason for someone to shove their personal political opinions down my throat let me know. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Please let me know.

No comments: