Friday, February 22, 2008

Can I be one of a million???

For years I have heard of the Neilson television ratings. This is the standard for television stations to go by when they want to charge new rates for commercials and to see what television shows are popular. Truthfully I thought it was a myth. They can't really determine how many people watch the superbowl or the series finale of friends, could they? After all there are millions of people in this country they couldn't have made that many phone calls, sent letters, etc. After nearly 30 years, I have finally been chosen. I can now singlehandedly take down those stupid "reality" shows!!! Ok I can not do it singlehandedly, but I can now help us return to quality television program; situational comedy. Aside from Thursday nights on television, I do not think I can name a single sit com. All shows seem to be reality or some sort of drama. I can take some of this, but truthfully it is harder and harder to find the classic sit com.

What did Neilson ask me?

1. What is on my television now. Doh! I said nothing, as I have just woken up and am checking my e-mail
2. How many televisions in your household have cable? (3) Satellite? (0)
3. Do you have any movie channels? No
4. How many people live in your household? How old are they?
5. What are your demographics, White, Hispanic, Black, Asian, etc.
6. What is your social security number? (just kidding they didn't ask and I would have hung up immediately and called the cops)
7. How many telephone numbers do you have in your house? How many are cell phones (I am not sure how this reflects TV usage)
8. On a scale of 1-10, 1 not interested at all and 10 totally interested, would you be interested in being in our television panel? HELL YEA!!!

They will contact me in the future!!! Die reality TV, Die!!! Bring back the situational comedy!!

No comments: