Wednesday, February 20, 2008

and down the strech they go

So I am in the home strech for my upcoming wedding. We meet with the DJ tonite and all I was able to complete was through "Old 97s" with the album "fight songs". Needless to say it will be unlikely that I will be able to complete my original task of listing to all of my over 400 collection of records, tapes, and cds. I started in July half hazardly, but picked it up in recent months. I am still taking requests. If you can come up with ANY suggestions I will gladly take it. If you are familiar with any of the artists listed below I want some feedback.












Outside Providence – The one and only movie starring me (Sorry mom, the Bar Mitzvah tape does not count!!)
Parker, Charlie/Dizzie Gillespie
Pearl jam
Petty, Tom
Pink Floyd
Police
Preservation Hall
presidents of the u.s.



Queen



r.e.m.



rage against the machine


red hot chilli peppers
Rolling Stones
RUN DMC
rusted root
Santana
Saturday Night Fever
Simon and garfunkle
Sinatra, Frank
Smashing Pumpkins
spin drs.
Springsteen, Bruce
stereolab
Steve miller
Stewart, rod
stp
sublime
third eye blind
Thorogood
U2
Weather Report
West side story
Who
ZZ top – greatest hits

Just when I thought I had it tough I came across this article courtesy of the Postgazette. Just think I've been listening to my cds constantly, at home, at work, and in the car and still haven't completed my collection. How long does it take Mr. Mawhinney to listen to every track of every record? Keep in mind that he probably does not have a record player in his car either. Track the bidding here.
Here are some additional questions:
Is it possible for me to add this to my wedding registry?
How many trips do I have to make in my little sedan to bring all these records to my home if I win?
Can I store all these records in my home?
Why don't I have $3 million for this investment?
How many hamburgers would fill the spot all these records currently fill?
Is Mr. Mawhinney like Pavlov's dog? Did someone ring a bell to make him purchase a new record. I'd like to be the bell ringer, boy would I have some power over him.
Can Mr. Mawhinney's sale cause a resurgence in the sale of 45 records?
In all seriousness I wish you luck and hope you get well over the $3 million you are asking?

2 comments:

Sean said...

And down the strech? Do you mean stretch?

I'm a little confused about what you are trying to accomplish. If you are hiring a DJ, why don't you have him/her select the music? If there are songs that you don't want (ex. chicken dance or macarena), you can veto them.

Mystery Man said...

Of course he will select music, but he will take requests from, well, the bride and groom. There a millions of great songs out there and I'm always looking for a great "diamond in the rough". I'm just looking for good songs, but not your typical wedding songs. I want some individuality.