Wednesday, January 2, 2008

One more company to the hall of shame

Recently I changed by cell phone service from the great Sprint to ATT. I thought that this transition would be easy. So I look into the ATT plans, rollover minutes and other features seem to great. Prior to transferring my service I ask a number of important questions including questions about the fine print. The service rep makes no mention of the $26 activation fee and tells me that I am eligible for a free phone. I look at my options and choose the smallest, lightest phone only to find out that they do not have the “cord” to transfer my numbers from my old phone to my new one. I was assured that it would be in within next week or so.

Day 2: receive and are charged for a text message from an unknown person who tells me that it is not right to flirt with a girl and not call.

Day 3: I go to ATT and explain that my voicemail is not working. Additionally I ask about the cord. They work on the phone and the voicemail should be working. Oh, they didn’t have the cord.

Day 4: receive and am charged for the same exact text message from an unknown person. Despite the fact that they “fixed” my voicemail I cannot receive voicemail messages. Additionally they do not have the cord. I was put on the phone with someone at their customer service center. My voicemail is now fixed…. Whew. I ask them if it would be possible for them to call me when they receive the cord. They say no. Please keep checking back. How can a cell phone company have the inability to call me?

Day 6: No Cord

Day 10: No Cord

Day 12: receive an extraordinarily high bill. I am charged for texts that I did not want and for downloading a game, which was never done.

Day 17: No Cord. I am told we have to specially order it with our manager. I ask them to do this. Why is it that they do not have a cord for a phone that they sell?

Day 27: No cord. I am told that they do not know if the cord is in. I need to talk to the manager. Can I speak with him now? No. He is on his lunch break and won’t be back for an hour. I’m fuming. I call billing and to their credit, reverse unknown charges. I find out that people are allowed to solicit over the phone via text messaging. Thanks for telling me this when I sign up. I have them put a block on all solicitations. I go to another store that miraculously has the cord that I have waited 27 days so that I can transfer my numbers from my old phone to my new phone. Thanks to the very nice gentleman I now have my contact numbers. Additionally I was told how lazy the other store is. Please do not go to the first store.

P.S. I hate the phone itself.

No comments: