Monday, January 14, 2008

There's no business like show business... I guess


Due to the writers' strike we are without new episodes of almost every show. With the exception of some of the late night guys and shows who have some episodes "in the can" we are not going to see any new television shows for a few weeks. I have little knowledge of the feud between the writers and the studios, but I do sympathize with the writers who most likely get shortchanged by the studios. The studios rake in money long after a television show or program is off the air.



I realize that this blog is highly entertaining and makes quality new material for about thirty seconds on network television. I know I would make it as a stand-up comedian, I've got all the talent. Many have told me that I am the next Jerry Seinfeld, but my professional work as a pain in the ass is too valuable to this nation. With my expertise in the entertainment, I couldn't help, but to comment on last night's Golden Globe awards. In all truthfulness, and with the forty-five minutes, give or take, of the the Golden Globes I witnessed last night, I couldn't help but to wonder why the awards seemed to award the wrong people. Seriously I was baffled by the awardees. Were there reprecussions against the writers and actors for striking during this event? It really did not seem as though the proper people won.

No comments: