Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Notes from the South

I know all those avid readers of tidbits and the angry consumer were waiting to hear about the rest of my trip to Florida. I will do my best to keep it brief. Yesterday's edition featured my experiences traveling. Today I will tell you about the remainder of the trip.


Friday - There is nothing like chillin in the nice warm weather. Truthfully, I spend as much time outside in the warm weather. I ran, not on the treadmill, got close to a swimming pool and wondered about the old people's community. There is nothing more refreshing then being oogled by an 85 year old women!!! I made my way to the mall in Boca Raton and ate at the Grand Lux Cafe, which is owned by the wonderful people at the Cheesecake Factory. Needless to say it is an excellent restaraunt. The service was great, the portions were more than adequate and the food was excellent. My fiance' and I split out meal and I forced myself to eat desert, which was shared by 4 others.


Saturday - See the picture above. Do I have to say more? There is nothing better than running along the water barefoot then jumping in to some crashing waves... memories of Rhode Island. I have been to the beach, but not enjoyed myself like I did today. The best part of the beach. Boobies!!! Ok I wasn't fortunate enough to be at a nude beach, but there were plenty of young, attractive females to oogle over. Beach and boobies are always fun, especially in January. I am eagerly waiting June's arrival


Sunday (Morning)- Flea Markets are a huge thing in this state so naturally I went to this mecca of a marketplace. Much to my chagrin, I had to wear jeans and a sweatshirt there, but hey it is better than the sub freezing temperatures up north and wearing gloves, a hat and winter coat. I have enjoyed flea markets since my days as a youth searching for the next Jose Canseco rookie baseball card at the Super Flea at the now demolished Eastland mall. For additional information on Eastland Mall and other "dead" malls click here. However, I just did not enjoy this one. I walked around and saw numerous merchants who all had the same stuff and the same prices. This to me just is not a flea market. I did manage to spend a whopping $4, on a belt and a key chain, but as a whole I came away a bit disappointed. Maybe next time.
Stay tuned for my adventures on Sunday (Afternoon)/Monday

No comments: