Friday, January 25, 2008

Specialty mail.

I have come across many things that don’t make much sense. Sometimes I address it other times I don’t. Now that I started this blog, I now have a place to voice my complaints about people who “wrong me” or “wrong the people”. On that note, I came across another scam; our beloved U.S. Postal Service.

I have come to realize that “Priority mail” is a scam. Why? According to a Postal service employee, there is no guarantee that you item will arrive in the posted 2-3 days and that it could take as much as 5 days. A careful reading of Priority mail states: Mail is delivered in an average of 2-3 days. This is of course in the fine print. Simply put, they ask you to pay an additional $4.60, but do not get any guarantee. The only guarantee that USPS offers is for overnight shipping.

Truthfully I’m having trouble grasping this. You can guarantee overnight delivery, but not “2-3” days? You can guarantee that the most difficult thing can be done, but something that is much easier can’t? If you have the ability to deliver something overnight, you certainly have the ability to get it there in 3 days AND you should be able to guarantee it. Does USPS do this to increase their business of overnight deliveries, which starts at $16.25? Admittedly I did not major in logistics, but certainly this service can be done and can be guaranteed. The kicker is that a standard first class letter arrives in 3-5.

No comments: