Wednesday, January 23, 2008

This is Cold


The New York "football" Giants are headed to the Superbowl. Boy am I excited.... Not! (Thanks Borat for revitilizing this joke). I generally do not like teams from New York City. If I liked the NBA, I probably would not like the Knicks. I hated the Mets since the 1980s when the Pirates and Mets were division rivals and can't stand the thought of the Yankees buying a championship every year. Truthfully I have a love/hate relationship with the Jets. How can you not love Joe Namath. Hey he's from Beaver Falls, my dad's hometown, and they had Curtis Martin from Taylor Alderdice High School and the University of Pittsburgh. Those guys made me cheer for the J-E-T-S, but I'm from Pittsburgh, and we don't like other AFC teams and they stole a great quarterback, Neil O'Donnell from us. The Rangers... Adam Graves enough said. Not to completely trash New York teams, but I really hate the idea that they generate so much money and are constantly talked about in the media because it is one of the largest media markets in the world. I never really hated the Giants, they started the trend of the "Gatorade shower" in the 80s and I never had a reason to hate them. Until Sunday.




Florida should be known at South New York. There are numerous New York City transplants in Florida. If they are not transplants, they are visiting relatives in Florida. That said, I have now come up with a reason to hate Giants fans. As I sat in a bar/restaruant during the game, I could not get more irritated with those who were sitting around the bar. I realize it was a huge game, but is it really neccesarry to scream at the top of your lungs after a 2 yard gain? Is it neccessary to curse after the other team gains 4 yards. Seriously it is quite irritating to listen to fans who cheer at every play. I understand cheering for a first down, stopping the opposition on 3rd down, a touchdown or huge play. Is it really neccessary to do this after every play? I was pulling for a great Brett Favre finale, but this just irked me to no end and officially made me a Giants hater. The worst part of all this was knowing that I would be returning to the cold the next morning and listened to sports talk guys talking about the Giants on XM satallite radio on the way home!!!


Other cold things:


Calling the superintendent of schools demanding an explanation why there was not a snow day.


Returning that phone call and screaming at the kid.


Truthfully they are both in the wrong. Who calls someone at home about this? If you truly want a day off, do what thousands of kids do everyday. Skip school. Why do you have a phone at school and why are you making these phone calls during the school day. I'm sure that the administrators could go through proper channels to discipline this kid.


If you are an adult, why would you acknowledge this phone call? Grow up lady!!! Why are you bickering at anyone. Igonore it. If you are really disappointed and have to say something, call back and simply explain that you do not appreciate the phone calls at this nature at home and politely ask the student to go through the appropriate channels to file a complaint.

No comments: