Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Random thoughts of the day

So I opened my new ink cartridge for my printer. Since it was cheaper, I bought the Office depot brand, which boasted about its "greenness" meaning recycling. I am all for recycling as you can see from this previous post. The package included a postage paid envelope to recycle my previous ink cartridge. What a brilliant idea. Am I wrong for thinking to myself "why did you insert this extra non-recyclable plastic piece to hold the cartridge in place?" Usually a couple of recyclable cardboard pieces are inserted to hold it into place. Does anyone else think that this is a bit of a waste and defeat the purpose “being green?”



Has anyone taken notice of the Atlantic-10 basketball conference? Traditionally a mid-major, the A-10 has gotten 2-3 teams in the NCAA tourney in March. Due to some personal connections, attending University of Rhode Island, growing up less then a dozen miles from Duquesne, and knowing a Duquesne recruit and another player being heavily recruited by URI, I have some added reasons for watching this conference.



Throughout various point of the season Dayton, Xavier, and my beloved URI have been ranked. UMass has also received votes in previous polls, St. Joe's, Charlotte, and Duquesne all have a solid record at this point at the season. Personally I expect 4 teams to make it and there still is a month left in the season, but could an extra one of those teams squeak into the tournament? That is what March Madness is all about!!!

No comments: