Monday, December 10, 2007

Wedding songs....

So my upcoming nuptials are less then 3 months from now and I am having trouble figuring out songs for the DJ to play. There are the usual songs or artists, Sinatra, Armstrong, Jackson 5, Village people, Sir-Mix-a lot, etc., but there are so many other songs that don’t seem appropriate for a wedding. We have our “first dance” song lined up as well, but from there it begins to get tricky. As a result, I am rummaging through my music collection. I have accelerated my quest that I started in July, to listen to all of my cds, tapes, and records in hopes to listen to all songs before the wedding. I have made it through my tapes, mixed cds, and the A’s of my regular cds. I have 231 more cds (plus the ones I took out of the library). This is where I need your help. You can provide me some suggestions from the list of artists below, whose cds I own, and provide feedback for songs that I could use for the Mother/Son dance and other “fun” songs. You could also provide with some songs from artists listed below. I did forget to mention the Hora and I think that I’m going to try to get the “chicken dance” song or the hokey pokey. I’m not sure who the artist of the hora is so if you know the answer please tell me. Here is the list of all the artists I have remaining.

Beastie Boys –
Beatles –
Bechet, Sidney –
Ben Folds -
Big Bad voodoo Daddy
Black crowes
Bon Jovi
Boston
Brubeck, Dave
Cake
Calloway, Cab
Charles, Ray
Cherry poppin' daddies
Chestnut, Cyrus
Clapton
Clarks
Coltrane, John
Counting crowes
Davis, Miles
Diamond, Neil
Dire Straits
Dj jazzy Jeff and the fresh prince
Doobie bros
Doors-
Dr Dre
Dylan, Bob
Ellington, Duke
eve6
Forrest gump soundtrack
Funhouse (Andrew Waldman) – hey I have to give you a shoutout!!!
gathering
Gillespe, Dizzy
gin blossoms
Godzilla
goo goo dolls
Grateful Dead
Grease
Green Day
Guns ‘n roses
Hendrix, Jimi
Jackson, Michael
Joel, Billy
John, Elton
Jones, Nora
Kenny G
Killers
king, bb
Led Zepplin
Lennon, John
lion king
Little Richard
Live
Lynyrd skynyrd
McCartney, Paul
Me, Myself, and Irene
Medeski, Martin and Wood
Miller, glen Orchestra
Mission Impossible
mod squad
Monk, Thelonius
morissette, alanis
Nelly
new Orleans klezmer all-stars
Nirvana
No Doubt
oasis
offspring
old 97s
Outside Providence – The one and only movie starring me (Sorry mom, the Bar Mitzvah tape does not count!!)
Parker, Charlie/Dizzie Gillespie
Pearl jam
Petty, Tom
Pink Floyd
Police
Preservation Hall
presidents of the u.s.
Queen
r.e.m.
rage against the machine
red hot chilli peppers
Rolling Stones
RUN DMC
rusted root
Santana
Saturday Night Fever
Simon and garfunkle
Sinatra, Frank
Smashing Pumpkins
spin drs.
Springsteen, Bruce
Starwars soundtrack
stereolab
Steve miller
Stewart, rod
stp
sublime
third eye blind
Thorogood
U2
Weather Report
west side story
Who
ZZ top – greatest hits

1 comment:

Sean said...

I think you're missing the Macarena by Los del Río.