Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Nastalgic Kennywood Sold...



Most likely the people in the picture are screaming AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What am I screaming about?? Kennywood, the world's greatest amusement park has been sold. This is very disturbing to me. I am saddened that this great family amusement park has been sold by Harry Henniger, whose son I played soccer with, when I was 8 or 9 (how come no all day passes? Did all day passes exist then or did we still have to buy tickets to get on rides?). It appears that expansion plans are on the way. However what changes are to come? Listed below are some comments and questions I have for the new operaters.
  • Will you be changing the recipe to the Potato Patch fries, the 2nd greatest French Fries ever (Original Hot Dog Shop is ranked number 1)?
  • Will the wait time for the lines increase? That has always been part of the charm of Kennywood, short wait times for rides
  • What rides, if any will you commercialize. I really don't want to go on the PNC Noah's ark, Mission Impossible Wave swinger, or the Ocean's Thirteen Steel Phantom.
  • What rides will you get rid of? My grandmother's favorite ride was the Whip, so please don't get rid of that or some of the historical and charming rides.
  • How much will admission be? Please assure me that it will be lower than all the other Theme parks. I was saddened by your $33 charge, but hey it is still cheaper then Six Flags, Busch Gardens or Hershey Park.
  • Please don't charge for parking like Sean says.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KENNYWOOD MAYBE OLD FASHION LOOKING, BUT I THINK THAT THIS PARK NEEDS A BIG CHANGE. MAKE BIGGER SCARYER RIDES. I HOPE THIS PARK GROWS BIGGER. THIS PARK HAS BEEN SMALL FOR TO LONG. THIS PARK NEED A REALLY BIG EXSPANION. WEE REALLY NEED BETTER ROLLER COASTERS TO. WE DONT HAVE ENOUGH. I LIKE THREE OF THERE ROLLER COASTERS. THE REVENGE THE T BOLT AND THE RABBIT. RACERS I DONT CARE FOR AT ALL. IF IT WAS MY DECSION. I WOULD TEAR DOWN THE RACERS, AND PUT A EVEN SCARYER ROLLER COASTER THERE. I REALLY WANT THIS PARK TO CHANGE.