Saturday, December 1, 2007

First entry

Hello!!!



I have long wanted to be a blogger, but I just never acted on it. From time to time I have felt the need for a sounding board for my frustrations, particularly with big business and privacy issues. I started my journey off a long time ago when I was in college. I made it to the next level after my graduation from college when I was on a Television spot on KDKA TV in Pittsburgh. I was young and idealistic. I also had major issues with being forced to provide my SSN to a guy named Travis at Duquesne Light when I first moved out of my parents house in Pittsburgh. I fought long and hard, but I had to succomb to the fact that I needed to provide my SSN to gain access to electricity. I did get my story out there and Wayne Van Dine, a retired reporter from KDKA TV, helped air my complaint.



I am serious, why is it that all these places feel the need to have your SSN to provide you with service. I am willing to provide most other things, but just not the SSN, particularly to an extremely irritating person on the other end of the telephone. They know everything about you, but provide you with little more than "my name is Travis how can I help you". When pressed they may give you a last name or Employee number, but usually not. All in all most people are honest, but how do you know that the person on the other line isn't a screwball employee looking to do more than provide you with electricity. They may want to provide you with headaches and a future history that could haunt you for years to come.



Needless to say I have developed this site as a sounding board for my frustrations with big businesses who on many occaisions are out to screw the consumer. They make millions and billions and treat you like crap (I'm going to keep this website PG for now) and like a fool. In my upcoming posts I will share stories of my friends and some of my own commentaries with you about MCI, Comcast cable, A T & T and other assorted companies and businesses who seem to wrong so many people.



That said I will also share some positive experiences and my thoughts about sports, news and other assorted information that should be addressed. Please at anytime feel free to provide your comments. Please remember that my friends and I are not the only ones who are victims of businesses. I know you are out there as well and have stories to share. Our stories will hopefully make these large (and small) businesses think twice before they hit us with poor service and experiences.

No comments: