Thursday, June 12, 2008

A review of Southern Style Chicken Sandwich at McDonald's

Let me start by saying that I am now working the evening shift. What exactly does this mean? I have alot more free time during the day to ponder it is that I ponder. It also means that I can go to various businesses like McDonald's and take them up on their free offerings.

I know that you all have been waiting for my review of the Southern Style Chicken Sandwich at McDonald's. With the purchase of a drink you are entitled to a FREE Southern Style Chicken Sandwich. Since I first hear of this great offering last weekend I was excited. The sandwich sounded good on the radio.

If only I did my research before hand.

According to McDonald's you can enjoy this:

Southern Style Chicken Sandwich --- All hail, the perfect sandwich. So simple, so juicy, so perfectly seasoned, lightly breaded all white meat chicken topped with two pickles and served on an oh, so steamy buttery tasting bun. ( http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/eat/features.html )

So how is this wonderful sandwich? Let me start off by saying this. If you enjoy rushing to the bathroom within 30 minutes of eating, this is the perfect sandwich for you. When I first got there I didn't realize that this was merely a chicken sandwich with pickles. I was quite disappointed in this. I pictured it to be very different. It wasn't. It was not even an original idea. I'm not quite sure how I McDonalds has been missing this simple idea for years?

Keep in mind that the chicken sandwich was not really free. I had to purcase a drink, which I guess is the only way that McD's actually can make some money off of eat this laxative. However instead of paying $1.06 for a pop, I had to pay $2.37 for a milkshake (which was rather tasy I have to admit). It should have been simple. Instead I ended up arguing the my server over whether my drink was a pop or soda (which costs $1.06) and got frustrated. She was able to understand "milkshake", so I paid $2.37 for that instead.

All in all if you are looking to purchase the new Southern Style Chicken Sandwich from McDonald's I urge you not to and stick with the quarter pounder and cheese or go directly to the closest Wendy's or Arby's.

1 comment:

Sean said...

I'd much rather have the chicken sandwich from Chick Fil-A!