Saturday, June 14, 2008

Euro 2008

Now that I am spending more time at home during the day, I have more time to watch soccer. I love watching the "Orange" (I call them the Orange Crush) aka the Netherlands kick some ass. I have been a fan of the Dutch since the days of Koeman bothers and Dennis Bergkamp in the early 90s when they knocked Britain out of the '94 World Cup. Their trumping of both finalists from the 2006 World Cup is quite impressive and I hope they continue this awesome display.

Watching these games has lead me to ponder a few things.

1. Why is the Dutch national anthem called William of Nassau? Why not call it something that shows it's strong history? Here are some suggestions. "Ode to Peter Stuyvesant" or "Glory Dutch East India Company"?

2. Why do the Dutch wear orange when the national colors are red, white and blue? Why does Italy wear blue when their national colors are green, white, and red?

3. Does the Spanish national anthem have any words? None of the players were singing their national anthem when it was playing.

4. Does Florent Malouda know the French national anthem. He was the lone Frenchman not singing when it was playing prior to yesterday's game.

5. Why aren't there any strange hairdues? I always look forward to the "crazy dues". Can you beat these dues from the 2002?




















Ronaldo






taribo west




David Beckham

No comments: