Monday, March 17, 2008

NCAA tourney

I'll write more on this later, but can anyone tell me why there is a huge roar of applause when a team is called out during the NCAA selection show when the team already knew they had an automatic bid? Seriously, why is it that a team is yelling, cheering and jumping up and down when their name is called? This may be understandable in a case like Baylor who was unsure if they were going to make it. Temple, UNC? That is the whole point of playing and winning the conference tournament.

That being said, I think it would be very cool to have 4 play-in games. Have one play-in game to play against the #1 seed. There are several other teams besides Coppin State and Mt. St. Mary's who are undeserving of a bid. I know that there is something to be said for conference tournaments, but if a team like Robert Morris wins the regular season title, but loses one game in the conference tournament they really shouldn't be penalized. Allow them the shot at playing in a "play-in" game.

A few months back I wrote here and here about the Rhode Island Rams and the Atlantic 10. I predicted that 4 teams from the A-10 would make it. I was off by 1.

I know that you are eagerly waiting to hear about the wedding. Because we were celebrating our 1 week aniversary I neglected to tell you all the wonderful parts of the reception. I did not ignore it. You will just have to be a little patient while I edit the final parts of my wedding journal.

Upcoming blogs will include information on my new ipod, the new nominees to the rock and roll hall of fame, an update on the record rama guy who was selling his record collection, musical selections from the wedding, and an update on my quest to listen to every cd, tape, and record that I own.

No comments: