Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wedding journal day 2

Pardon the interruption. This version of my wedding diary will briefly be interrupted so that the following news items can be discussed.

Toilet lady – click here to read about this lady’s 2 year journey in the same bathroom and getting stuck to the toilet seat. It makes for comical, yet sickening entertainment. Althought I have much appreciation for the toilet, if this happens to me, please put me out of my misery.

URI loses – All is not lost, we still have a shot at winning the NIT (Not important tournament)

Pitt wins – At least they won one game in the Big East tournament. Let’s hope they win the NCAA tourney. Just remember this where is Penn State? They are sitting on their rears at home.

Poor air quality!!! - Earlier this week we learned there are prescription meds in our water. Now this. Well at least we know that those meds will help cure us (or prevent) those illnesses we are bound to get.

Now that I go this out of my system I must continue with the story of the wedding.

Saturday arrived rapidly. My family grabbed a quick breakfast and returned to the hotel so that the ladies could do that whole make-up/hair thing. I never have understood this; and why it is necessary to get ready 7 hours before the event? It took me all of 45 minutes to get ready, but much of that 45 minutes spent trying to figure out what to do with the wardrobe malfunction.

After returning from breakfast my brother and I went to workout, which was nice stress reliever. We watched the end of the Georgetown/Louisville game and I began to get ready. As I stated earlier there was bit of a wardrobe malfunction. We were able to remedy the problem and here’s to hoping that no one noticed. We were rapidly approaching the picture hour, which we did before the ceremony. Naturally most people were late, but hey since kick-off was 3.5 hours away it did not really matter.

It is without hesitation that I would recommend to anyone to do the pictures before hand. It honestly made everything after the wedding go much smoother. The photographer was very nice and the pictures I’m sure will turn out great, however, I’m just quite thankful that I’m not a model. It has been 5 days since the picture hour and I swear my cheeks still hurt and just when you think you are done there is another “quick” round of photos.

T-1.5 hours

Pictures are done and over with now and it is just time to count down. The guests are arriving so my mobility is limited. Thankfully I’m not the bride, but I really don’t need a lot of people talking my ear off an hour before the biggest day of my life. Of course there are plenty of people this weekend who has told me “It’s not too late to change your decision”. Although this is a bit humorous once or twice, I began to get quite irritated by this statement throughout the weekend.

1 hour until showtime…

The sun is down, the witnesses are here, the bride and I are here and we are ready to sign our names on the Ketubah!! The only problem, the Rabbi and the Ketubah aren’t here. The rabbi finally arrived. I really wasn’t sweating it to be quite frank, I didn’t expect him until 7:30 anyway.

5 minutes till show time!!!

Ok we are lined up, the bridal party, mom and pop, the future in-laws and grandmother in-law (is there such a thing?)

Showtime!

I really can’t provide you with specifics. I walked down the aisle with mom and dad and walked out with my beautiful wife. In the middle the Rabbi babbled in Hebrew and in English. We circled each other, drank some wine, and we recited our vowels. I broke the glass and now we are married.
The next chapter is coming up soon

No comments: