Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A wedding journal

With much fanfare I return!!! I know that you all have been eagerly anticipating my return. Well, I tied the knot over the weekend and I'm sure you are all eager to find out all the details. As a result I will answer all those important questions in my diary.

Thursday:


After a long day of work, I was now responsible for making sure that all my work will be covered in my absence. I end up staying at work and additional 2 hours finalizing all the fine details. Of course now is the time to run around like a chicken with his head cut off doing a number of errands and making sure that everything is a-ok for the wedding. The stress was mounting. I have to pick up my Mom and Pop for my last meal as a single male!!! Of course as a somewhat recent transplant to an undisclosed city, I don't know my way around and ended up on the highway. Of course this is a highway that does not have a quick turnaround so 20 minutes later I returned back to the original location. To make matters worse, it would have taken 5 minutes, 10 walking to get to the restaraunt.


Dinner was nice, but now I have to go home and write my vows. Yee-Haw. Although I wrote some top notch vows, I did so begrudgingly, then went to bed.


Friday


Remember the section above regarding running around like a chicken with its head cut off? Yea it was alot worse the day before the wedding. I felt terrible for my dad who was locked up at the hotel without a car or anything to do. I didn't eat breakfast and ended up eating lunch at like 2:00 due to the massive line at the deli! Of course my dad didn't have any problems and met up with some guests who came in early. So much for the guilty feelings about dad being locked in a hotel.
I left home around noon and would not return until after the wedding. I was always taught that you can't come home to a dirty house, so I was vigorously cleaning prior to my departure. I hung around the hotel until the rehearsal, which I think everyone was late for due to the traffic which was made worse by the rain. The rehearsal went smoothly, especially because of "Rabbi Matt" and our other last minute fill in.
What else to do but eat after a rehearsal, or really after anything you do. Naturally we grubbed hard with the out of towners and wedding party and hung out until the early morning. Nah, I didn't get drunk, that would make for a horrible wedding, but I did have a few cold ones. I gave the groomsmen their gifts and thanked everyone for coming. Just remember tommorow is the big day!!!
Saturday --- The Big Day
To be continued. Did you really think I would tell all at once? Seriously.

No comments: