Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Wedding Journal Day 3

So now we are married (editorial note today is our 10-day anniversary!!). My wife and I walked out and strangely so do all these people behind me. My mom and dad, her mom and dad and the wedding party slowly walk behind us!!! So now we are in our period of isolation and I finally get to eat. I think it was circa 8:30 when we finally got to eat (and drink). The wedding party joined us for a few minutes before we kicked them all out for our alone time. Nothing naughty, just time to privately rejoice. Now what?

We reassembled in what I have now called to “war room”, which happens to be the same room we took pictures, signed the ketubah, and our alone time. The wedding party assembled and it is now time to rock this joint!

We lineed up and each member of the bridal party and of course our parents are announced before a live (studio) audience, just like Cheers. The theme to Cheers (Where everybody knows your name) was playing in the background as we were introduced as Mr. and Mrs. *&R^aN!!!! (I still wish to remain anonymous). That is a first!

From there we went to our first dance, “I could not ask for more” by Sara Evans and the best man, maid and matron of honor speeches were given. The father-daughter dance, “I loved her first, and the mother-son dance, “What a wonderful world” were danced to before we ate.

The food was excellent, at least what I tasted, my salad and steak, and a small piece of her Salmon. We danced the “Hora” and other dances as well. So what else was played?

I have discussed for months what we should play. I only made it to the Rolling Stones, so I did not complete my task. That said I got an ipod, so a whole new conversation regarding music will inevitably be happening soon. So here is the list from what I can hazily remember. A few drinks and plenty of schmoozing do not allow me to remember all the songs. Here goes:

Baby got back
Booty call
Last dance
Electric slide
Chicken dance
Selfless cold and composed
Cannon in D
All you need is love
That’s a more
She’s everything to me
YMCA
Shout
Twist
Some kinda wonderful
Booty call

I do not believe that any of the new, 2008 Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame inductees were played although one was requested, Jack and Diane by John “I have a new last name for each decade” Mellencamp.

The following songs were requested, but I’m not sure they were played

Requested

Time of your life
Jack and Diane
Imagine

So this in essence is my wedding weekend journal. The only small tidbit to add was that during "Shout" one of the guests managed to get so into the song, at his seat that he didn't realize that the waitress was behind him. Naturally this resulted in him spilling his brother's meal on his brother. Poor guy. I hope you got to eat. If not, I owe you a dinner!!!

Thanks everyone for coming I do appreciate it!

No comments: