Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I-70 mileage sign

Today is my birthday!!! Alright. I'm a year older. I won't reveal my special age.

On another note,

Can anyone tell me why it is that if you take interstate 70 in PA and Maryland the distances to Baltimore and Washington DC change. Near Breezewood there is a sign stating that DC is 128 and Baltimore is 126. That is all fine and dandy, however later, on the same road the distance seems to widen: Baltimore 94 miles and DC 98. Later on I-70 the mileage changes again, this time the distance is 3 miles. Now, I'm not exactly a physicist, but if I am traveling on the same road, why is it that the distances between the 2 change? If I look at a map I know that they aren't really 2 miles apart, but the distance you need to travel to each shouldn't change.

No comments: